Monday, July 28, 2008

A Gassy Fusspot

is what we have had on our hands the past 2 days. I know all babies have gas, but this seemed pretty bad. Maddie would not lay down for a nap hardly at all yesterday. She wanted me to hold her. We tried the mylicon drops and those don't really seem to work. I'm not sure if its something I ate, but I haven't eaten anything too different and its so hard to know what it could be. Of course everything I read is conflicting about what you eat affecting your breast milk! Last night Oscar went and bought some gripe water which seems to help some. Anyone have any suggestions for gas??? Please let me know, it was a looooooooong day yesterday. Thankfully she slept between feedings last night. By the way Maddie is pretty much a pro now at eating without the shield, we rarely have to use it! Here is the little fusspot hanging out:



2 comments:

Candace said...

Both of my girls had severe gas issues. The drops worked with Kendall but not with Sydni so I use to lay her on her back and pump her legs a little to try and work some of it out. Sometimes it really seemed to help.

Matt, Andrea, Luke and Halle said...

I was going to suggest the laying on the back "bicycle legs" trick, too. Hope today was a better day for Miss Maddie.