About to leave for the hospital:
We got to the hospital Monday night at 10. We got into our room around 10:45, I got my IV and my pill to soften my cervix. Oscar and I were too anxious to sleep, so we watched a movie on TV-Alice In Wonderland(the new one, which is way weird). I started having contractions after awhile, nothing that was hurting too bad. What started really hurting was my back! The bed was not comfy at all and my back was killing me so I was having a hard time sleeping. I finally asked for a pain pill and they gave me one, but it didn't help. So around 4:00 am the doctor came in and gave me another pill for my cervix and they put some pain medicine in my IV which helped enough for me to get a few hours of sleep. I started having more contractions that started to get a little more painful. Dr. Fothergill came in on Tuesday morning and checked me and I was at a 4 and he broke my water. Contractions were starting to get strong and painful and were 2 minutes apart. So then I was just waiting to get my epidural. The came in after 10 and gave me my epidural which started helping. My blood pressure did go down when they were giving it to me, so they couldn't give me the pump, which is probably why later on it started wearing off. They also started the pitocin in my IV. Then in the afternoon I started feeling my contractions and I was in major pain and crying! The doctor was in the OR, so finally my nurse went in and got him out so he could come and fix the epidural. It started working again and I was good to go. About 4:00 I was dilated to a 6 and they upped the pitocin. At 5:00 I was dilated to an 8. Then around 5:45 I started feeling really nauseous. The nurse said I looked really pale and she decided to check me to see and sure enough she said it was time! She paged Dr. Fothergill and he came in and I pushed for 30 minutes and Cruz was born at 6:28pm! I was dying to know how much he weighted and we were all surprised when it showed he was 8, 7! We all predicted over 9 pounds. Overall, it was a good labor. We had a wonderful nurse named Hannah who goes to our church. I prayed for a good nurse and we definitely were blessed with one. That makes such a difference! My parents, Maddie, Tiff, Barry, and my nephews were in the waiting room while Cruz was being born and got to come in and see him after he was all cleaned up. Maddie liked seeing him, but I think she was a little overwhelmed with it all.
We are so blessed and thankful that the Lord gave us a healthy baby boy!



7 comments:
Laura, he is so perfect! Can't wait to see him in person. You all look like a wonderfully beautiful family!
Congratulations, Laura and Oscar! He is such a beautiful boy! I'm glad that everything went well with labor, and I look forward to hearing more updates on baby Cruz!
Thanks for sharing your story! He is just precious! Can't wait to meet him!
Yeah Cruz! So glad he wasn't any bigger! :)
He is soooo handsome! Can't wait to meet him and hope you are feeling better - back stuff.
What another wonderful blessing to our family! We love little Cruz!
congrats!
Post a Comment