Tuesday, September 14, 2010

1 week old

Cruz is already 1 week old today! I can't believe it. Overall, its been a good 1st week of his life. He is a sweet baby and normally only fusses if he is hungry or getting his diaper changed which he hates! We took him for his 2 day check up this past Friday and everything looked great. His weight was 8 lbs 1 ozs, so he lost a little bit. After the appointment we took Maddie to eat lunch at McDonalds and then went to Target. Oscar and I were saying that I would have never done that with Maddie! I was too scared. Cruz did just fine and slept the whole time. He slept in his pack n play for the 1st time last night and did great! He has been sleeping in the bouncer, swing, or with us since he got home from the hospital. So I'm hoping he starts to sleep better in the pack n play. Maddie is doing much better adjusting to Cruz. She loves to help with him, hold him, talk to him, kiss him. Everytime she wakes up from her nap or in the morning she says "where's my cruz"-too cute! She does not seem jealous of him, but just can be clingy to me alot. I just love having a boy, although Oscar and I both agree it is much harder to change a boys diaper than a girls! Recovery with Cruz has been much quicker than it was with Maddie so that has been nice. We are going to attempt Chick Fil A tonight in honor of Cruz being a week old!






2 comments:

the peterson family said...

glad to hear you're recovering quick! What a cutie! I love the ones of Maddie holding Cruz!

Katie said...

He's so precious. The pic of him and Maddie in the batman shirt makes them look A LOT alike. So cute!