Monday, May 4, 2009

Canton

I had such a great time this past weekend. It started off with my parents picking up my sister and I at the high school. I dropped Maddie off to Oscar and we were on our way. As my parents drove up in the parking lot, my dad was wearing a swine flu mask. It was pretty funny. There were several people staring at him.
We head to Rockwall to stay with my parents friends the Cavins. We have known them for many years and their daughter Christi is my sisters age and their son Kyle is my age. We got there around dinner and had a great home cooked meal. Here is my dad when we got to the Cavins:





Here are all the girls ready for Canton:
My mom, Me, Tiff, Christi, and Karen


We all had on Yellow Box flips flops-they were in tons of booths at Canton and are sooo comfortable:



I was so excited to go to Canton not only for the shopping, but for the food. I only ended up eating a corny dog and fried chocolate pie though. I really wished I had eaten a funnel cake, but I was too preoccupied shopping. Here we are after lunch:



I had not been to Canton in several years, so it was really fun to go this time shopping for Maddie. They had tons of cute stuff and I came home with some hair bows-imagine that! All over Canton were things with peace signs on them. I could not believe how popular it was. I bought Maddie the cutest dress with one on it. My sister and I were laughing b/c we were remembering when she was like in middle school she had a peace sign sweatshirt and matching peace sign earrings. I guess its back in. anyway-I found lots of other fun stuff.
After we were done we headed back to Rockwall to eat at The Harbor. Its a new place with shops and restaurants right on Rockwall lake. It was really nice. Here is the Carroll family (or now Carroll, Elkin, and Bersoza):



We got up Saturday morning and had yummy home cooked breakfast and headed back home.
Since I was with my parents and sister it felt like we were on a family vacation pre-husbands and kids. I told Oscar this was my Mother's Day present. It was so nice to get away for 2 nights and just relax and shop! I think we might make it a yearly tradition.

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Laura, I know Kyle Cavin! He and Kelly were in our Sunday school class when we lived in Rockwall. I had know idea we had a mutual friend. What a small world!!