Maddie's personality is coming out so much more these days, its so fun to see what she is gonna do next.
Most of the time Maddie loves to smile and play. She has a temper though. She has recently started grunting when she doesn't like something. It's quite funny! She likes my attention-all my attention. When I put her down to play she likes to be able to see me if I'm doing something else or she wants me right there beside her playing too. She has also started to kinda wave her whole arm up and down when I say Hi or Bye. When I clap she kinda trys to do the same thing too!
She hasn't tried to crawl at all. Just yesterday though I put her on her tummy and she actually lifted her whole chest off the ground and started scooting backwards some. That is a first, so maybe sometime she will try and go forward. She still isn't a tummy fan. She wants to be sitting up looking around at all the action.
She is doing great on her 3 meals a day. She loves trying new things to eat. I have used the food processor with some of the meals I have made for dinner and given to Maddie. She has liked everything so far. I have tried a couple of times with the meat baby food meals and she hates them. I don't blame her, they smell and taste awful. She likes the home cooking better! For breakfast she has oatmeal cereal and a yogurt or fruit. Then for lunch she has a veggie and fruit or leftovers from dinner. For dinner, same as lunch. I processed mac and cheese the other day and she loved it! She also loves any kind of bread or rolls as you can tell...
She is on a good schedule these days. Normally sleeps from 7-7 at night and then takes 2 naps during the day. A short one in the morning and then a longer one in the afternoon. When she got the stomach bug a few weeks ago that threw her whole schedule off. I was afraid she wasn't ever going to be back on it, but she eventually got there.
Another cute thing she has started doing is when we are sitting side by side on the couch she will put her head down and to the side to look at me or Oscar. Its so cute. Also, each night as I'm feeding her dinner and the garage door goes up she knows daddy is home. She gets a big smile, starts kicking her legs and looks at the door until he comes in. Daddy-O just loves it!
In just 4 short months she will be ONE-aaaaahhhhhhhhh!
It's been a great 8 months-we love you Madelyn Gail!



3 comments:
So cute--I was hoping there would be pictures since we were not able to be at church today. She looks good in orange! But there again, she looks good in everything.
And she sleeps 7-7 IF her mommy is there to put her down at 7---ha! Love you Mommy and Maddie!
8 months does sound old!! She is seriously cute and we love her!!!
I love the pic of her a little upset ;)
It does go by to quick
Post a Comment