I have still been rocking Madelyn for her naps. Several people advised me to get the nighttime rocking cut out first and then work on naps. Well the nighttime has been good for a long while, but I kept making excuses for naps. I normally don't mind rocking her during the day while I"m at home unless I need to be somewhere and get something done and it was becoming somewhat inconvenient when we were not at home. So I made a decision to start today. I prayed this morning for God to give me strength while she was crying. I was a little worried too b/c when we did the nighttime thing Oscar was there to support me and tell me I wasn't the worst mother in the world as Maddie was crying, but today I was all alone, except God was there with me too!
So at 10:00 this morning I laid her down and she immediately starts crying. She cried for 20 minutes and then finally fell asleep and slept for an hour. Then around 1:30 I put her down and she cried for 20 minutes again, but this time it was a HARD cry and it was HARD on me to listen to it even though I was busy cleaning. But she fell asleep and slept for 30 minutes. Then I laid her down for her last nap at 4:30 and she let out a little cry and fell right to sleep. It's so funny when I put something off and then I do it and its not as bad as I thought it would be. Its only been one day and I"m sure there will be more crying, but at least I know she can do it! I've assumed she had to be rocked and never gave her the chance to do it any other way. As Oscar always says-Shes one tough cookie!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
So hard always to do what you know you're called to do for the kids...but in this area, I don't have any room to talk. When Cassie was 9 months old, I finally put her down for a nap. Seriously. Until then she slept in my arms...every nap. And we both slept great! Obviously, all that changed with the next two girls! So, always remember, you're better than me!
Good job, Laura. I prayed for you to persevere and will continue to do so as God prompts.
awwww little maddie...i'm missing out momma, but i'm glad i wasnt there to hear her cry b/c i may have gone in and rocked her and napped with her.
keep up the great work momma!
Post a Comment