Monday, January 5, 2009

I have a job and there is alot of clutter!

Well I got a new "job" today. I am going to be working in our church nursery on Wednesday mornings in the infant room during a bible study. Its only for 2 hours and Maddie gets to be in there with me. It will get us out of the house and she can play with other kids her age and I get a little extra cash! So hopefully it should be fun. I am signed up to do a bible study on Monday mornings called Apples of Gold. Its a really neat study where older women teach you all kinds of neat things, do a cooking demonstration, bible study, and then cook you a homemade lunch each week. But there are only 3 people signed up so they might cancel it for this semester. I'm trying to recruit people, but almost everyone I know has already done it!

On another note, we are living in lots of clutter! One of my least favourite things! We are putting in new floors in the living room and hallway. So here is what our living room currently looks like:



We have moved our furniture into the kitchen:



Everything else is in the guest bedroom. So no T.V. right now and that's OK b/c I mainly just watch the Today show and news since we don't have cable. As long as we have the TV back by the time the LOST season premiere comes on I'll be fine! But its been interesting with Maddie. We hang out in her room alot or in our bedroom. Since Oscar is putting the floors in himself along with help from a friend, its getting done whenever they can do it. So we will be getting out and about alot this week. I don't mind enduring the clutter b/c it will all the worth it and I can't wait until its done!

3 comments:

Tara said...

Congrats on your job! What kind of floors are you guys doing? I LOVED when we put in wood instead of carpet!

Tiffany said...

The floors look good! Wish I could do the Bible Study with you, of course, I would probably mess up all the recipes even with help! =)

Jen said...

We just had floors installed this past weekend. It's a pain to have clutter, but worth it in the end!

Apples of Gold is so much fun...I hope you can do it.