is when I found out I was pregnant. It was on a Monday. The week before I was late, but Oscar and I didn't want to get our hopes up b/c I had been late before. So we decided to wait it out through the weekend and if I hadn't started, I would take a test Monday morning. So the weekend went by and I got up at 5:45 am that morning to take the test before I got ready for work. I remember taking it and not waiting the length of time it says to wait to look at it, but it was positive of course. I busted open the door and Oscar knew right away. It was 6 at this point and I called my mom and told her and Oscar called his parents. His dad was so asleep when he called, he fell off the bed trying to answer his cell phone! anyway-My sister had no idea that I was late, so I wanted to think of a fun way to tell her. So that night we made up a reason to go over to her house. I took my camera with me and told her I wanted to show her some pictures from the past weekend. She starts scrolling through and comes to this:

She was very surprised and excited of course. God's timing was sooo perfect with us getting pregnant. Our lives changed forever that day and have changed even more the day Madelyn was born. I'm so thankful that God gives us the miracle and gift of life. It heartbreaking to me that every minute people choose to murder their unborn babies and don't see them as a miracle and gift from God. And just to get on my soap box for a minute, its sad that people vote for candidates who want to keep the murdering of unborn babies legal. I could go on and on, but I'll stop there and leave you with this verse that I"m pretty sure God meant all babies, not just "planned" ones:
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,I know that full well." Psalms 139:13-14
1 comments:
I have always loved that verse and now it makes me cry. To think that God knew our girls before we did and carefully knit them together. WOW!! Thanks for posting that! I hope we can get together soon.
Sarah
Post a Comment