Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall Cleaning, New Toy, and Recipe

I've been in a cleaning mood lately. I like things neat and tidy and it really bugs me when stuff is cluttered. So I decided to clean out my pantry. It was a mess. Here is a before and after picture.
Messy pantry:


Organized pantry:


This week I"m going to clean out my closet-ugh, I'd rather do the pantry again. I just hate messing with all the hangers and going through and trying on stuff to see if it still fits after having a baby or if I need to give stuff away. This will take longer than the pantry for sure.

Maddie got a new toy recently. Her friend Morgan let her borrow it for awhile since she was done playing with it.
Here she is when I first put her in it:


Then about 15 seconds later:

Here is Maddie and Morgan the night she brought it over to us...Thanks Morgan!


Well I love it when people blog recipes b/c it gives me new ideas for dinner, so I thought I would blog a new recipe I made this week. I've been using my crock pot alot lately b/c its so easy to throw everything in and forget about it. anyway-here's the recipe:

Package of chicken breasts or tenders
1 16 ounce jar Salsa Verde
2 cans Black Beans
1 can Sweet Corn
1 can Diced Tomato's
1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
1 small (3 oz) package of cream cheese

Directions

Place chicken breasts or tenders in bottom of slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients except cream cheese and stir around.
Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for longer, depending on when you put it in. After chicken is cooked, take out the chicken and shred, Add cream cheese, and put chicken back in, cook on warm setting for 30 minutes, then stir.

I only used one can of black beans. I tasted it before I added the cream cheese and it was really good just like that, but the cream cheese made it a little thicker, so its kinda like a stew. You can eat it like that or put it over rice. Also, if you don't want to have to take the chicken out and shred it, you could just cut it into pieces before you cook it-that's what I'll do next time. Also, next time I might eat it without the cream cheese like a soup. Its really delicious. We ate it with tortilla chips. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for the recipe. That is such a great idea and it sounds delicious. I have been all about the crock pot too since the girls were born.

Tiffany said...

I almost called you from WalMart last night to ask you for that recipe, so I'm glad you put it on here! Oh--and let me go through your pile before you throw any clothes away--don't get rid of anything good! Every time I get complimented on my clothes, I always have to say "it's my sister's" =)