Monday, August 11, 2008
Worlds Worst Mother Award!
Please no one call CPS. I feel like the worlds worst mother. This morning I was feeding Maddie around 4:30 and I decided to put her in her swing instead of back in her crib because I thought she might sleep a little longer and I was tired from having mastitis. So I put her in her swing and I have been putting a rolled up burp cloth by her head so it doesn't fall down. Well I heard her making some noises around 7:30, but she wasn't crying so I waited. Well around 7:45 I heard what sounded like a sneeze and then she immediately started crying. So I went in there and she was face down on the ground! She had fallen out of the swing!!!!! It was the scariest thing I've ever seen. I picked her up and she was fine. Oscar and I looked her over and nothing was wrong. We hadn't been buckling her in because I guess we thought we didn't need to yet. She has started squirming and wiggling alot more lately, so I guess that's how it happened and plus the seat was not reclined back all the way because she seems to like it better that way. I feel so bad every time I think about it, but thank the Lord she is OK!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
Hey Laura, This is Emily Golden(a friend of Tiffany). I met you once before many years ago at a soccer game. Anyway I thought I'd be the 1st to make a comment on your post. :)
First off, I've done the same thing. My son Dallas who is almost 8 months now wouldn't wiggle too much when he was younger so I didn't feel the need to buckle him in either. He has a tray the goes in between his legs that holds him in a little and he hasn't wiggled out but regardless...you aren't a bad mom!
However, I did recently put him in a bedroom in my parents house while sleeping in his carseat from the ride over. I know better than to try and move him to his crib. He just wakes up and won't go back to sleep. So I unbuckled the straps since they were so snug so he could be comfortable and sleep better. That's what I thought would happen. Then I hear from the kitchen monitor him screaming and rush to the room. He had wiggled out of the car seat and he was stuck half on the floor on his knees and face first on the edge of the carseat. Poor thing...I felt like a bad mom. So there is my recent story to hopefully make you not feel so bad. =)
Maddie is adorable! Congrats on your little girl.
Emily
Post a Comment