Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Come On

Ok I know alot of moms read this blog and judging from my last post with NO comments I feel even worse. I thought at least someone would say they had done something equivalent (not that I'm wanting to take pleasure in your child being hurt) or close to it. At least my kid accidentally rolled off the couch? So anything? anyone?

12 comments:

Briggs said...

Oh girl you don't want to know about all of the mishaps we've had with Joshua. I think most of us don't strap our kids into the swing until they have their first falling out or flipping over. That's how we found Joshua - face first in the swing with his mouth covered! Quite scary. Here's the deal - you're doing a great job and you can rest assured you're not alone.

Hausfrau Jane said...

Laura,
Yes, it's been a long time but...after reading, I think you need comments!!

I just discovered your blog from the link on Facebook. I had to laugh at your post about Maddie's accident. Don't worry! Georgia is learning to get around and hurts herself it seems like several times a day! She now goes around with a nearly constant bruise on her forehead. Babies are very resilient!

Having just become a mom myself, it does still feel a bit like I'm a "MIT" (Mom in Training). Reading your posts about lack of sleep, sore boobs, etc. brings back memories of those early baby days. Don't worry! It gets much easier, I promise! It sounds like you a doing a wonderful job, and I know you are a great Mom!

I feel a little weird having just made contact with you again in this way, but we moms all need encouragement!!

Keep up the good work!

Shannon said...

Darn google reader. I'm so bad about comments lately. Sorry.

Mallory totally rolled off the daybed in her room while I reached for a burp cloth in her dresser. I watched it all in slow motion. Couldn't get to her fast enough. I think it only scared her (probably Maddie too), but about made me pee in my pants! We've all been there. And, look how our kids turned out:)

You are doing a FANTASTIC job as Maddie's mom. Keep it up!!!

Shannon Morrison said...

I couldn't comment because I was too busy on the phone with the CPS caseworker.

Just kidding. Any time you need to feel like a good mom just come to my house! I left Clark at home with a sitter on Monday and THREE-count 'em-THREE moms at the park asked me if I had left him alone. Not sure what I have done to earn this rep!

Laura said...

alright I feel better...Thanks!

Ben, Abby and Abe Lowery said...

you crack me up, laura! i love you and i miss you! we need to figure out how to see each other soon!

Anonymous said...

GIRLS-GIRLS-GIRLS...you are missing the point! MADDIE needs to stick the landing!! STICK THE LANDING! She was obviously not high enough on her dismount. She'll get it...

Zoƫ said...

William fell head first off the slide just today.
It never gets easier to watch your little punkins wipe out but God thankfully made them pretty STRONG!
You are doing a great job with Maddie.

Candace said...

Remind me to never ask any of you to babysit.:)

Lisa Rethemeyer said...

We ALL live & learn!

Just be glad that Franny doesn't have internet access!

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura! I just read your blog for the first time in a few days. Let me tell you what I did...I was trying to buckle the babies into their car seats in order to go for a walk. I was adjusting Lilly's straps and my hand slipped. I popped her pretty good in the mouth and she looked so very hurt and then cried. I started bawling of course. I felt so bad. Eric tried to cheer me up by telling me how his mom once tripped and fell on top of him at a skating rink, and how his sister once tripped outside and not only dropped her daughter but landed on top of her. So apparently it happens to everyone. I have just started strapping the girls into their swings and bouncers too since they get squirmier every day! You are a good mom!! :) No worries!

Tara said...

Mine's only 2.5 weeks, they would have repo'd her if I was already messing up : ) I know some friends of ours found their little boy riding the swing like a surf board and that's when they realized he had outgrown it. Another of my friend's baby's friends has flipped face first off the bed multiple times. I just haven't been on because the fam is in town : )