Tuesday, August 19, 2008
I just wanted some chick fil a
Well I was feeling sorry for myself today because Oscar will not be home until late tonight, so I thought I would reward myself by going to chick fil a for dinner. I was getting tired of eating leftover stew. Also, I like to drive and just wanted to see some sunshine! So I plan to go at a good time. Maddie was not hungry and had just woken from a short nap. She does fine on the way there, not a peep out of her. Well I kid you not, as soon as I get up to the window to pay she starts crying, then screaming-the kind of scream where she is almost choking! I couldn't reach far enough to find her paci or see back there b/c the mirror had dropped. Of course it takes forever at the window b/c I ordered a milkshake also and they had to make it. So she proceeds to scream all the way home. We get home and I get her out and set her in her bouncy chair which she normally likes, but of course she screams. So I get my food ready and try to calm her down. Well it takes 20 minutes to rock and calm her down as I'm staring at my chick fil right beside me. Needless to say I finally eat my cold, but good chick fil a with one hand. Then onto the milkshake, at this point she is happy, so I set her down and start on the shake with both hands and she decides to poop out of her diaper and onto her clean onesie I had just put on. I eventually got to eat my melted milkshake! At least I got out of the house right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Welcome to Motherhood! =)
Ah, the memories...just when you think you have it figured out, they go and change on you!!
Sorry about the melted milkshake! (And everything else, too!) Maddie loves her mommy even though she gives her a hard time! :o)
I think they (kiddos)have some kind of radar for when Mommy is trying to eat, clean... they just turn it on when necessary ;)
I can definitely relate! Sometimes a simple errand can be such an ordeal, but it's totally worth it. :)
Hey, I just read the post about Maddie falling out of the swing! Hannah rolled off the couch a few times and for some reason I always bumped her head getting out of the car...and the list goes on! It does make you feel bad, but trust me you aren't the first one its happened to! I hope your day was better today!
Post a Comment