Wednesday, August 25, 2010

38 Week Appointment

Went to the doctor today. I"m dilated to a 2, but no change in my cervix. So that means I might not be induced until the 7th instead of the 3rd. I almost started crying when he told me that! I go back next Wednesday for my last appointment and he will make a final decision then. He just said it might be too risky to induce me on the 3rd if my cervix isn't ready and I might end up having a c-section. So I guess if I have to wait until the 7th I will. Cruz must be too comfy to want to come out! He is predicting he will be at least 9 1/2 pounds just like Maddie. He said not to worry b/c I've done it once so I can do it again!(easy for him to say, hes not he one having him) I do love my doctor and I know he knows what is best and I could tell he felt bad that I might have to wait until the 7th. I just hope hes not 10 pounds, my stomach feels heavier by the day! I also tested negative for group strep B which is good since I was positive for it with Maddie. So I'm praying this next week some big changes will happen!!!! I think I'll go for a jog to get things going :)(yeah right, I can barely walk w/o losing my breath!)

6 comments:

the peterson family said...

jogging pregnant? You're crazy!

Shannon said...

Just remember...you don't want a c-section!!! Praying the last week (or less) goes by fast for you and Oscar!!

nana said...

And you forgot to mention what a great day Sept 7th is! Cruz and I can share birthdays--not that I'm wishing you have to wait, but would be kind of fun!

Zoƫ said...

So excited to meet Cruz! Hope all goes well with his delivery.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you...I know it's hard at this point. I was a "5" and still not effaced...we induced & almost had to do a c-section in the end...not fun! (although you do what you have to do to get your baby here safely, of course). Hang in there & we'll pray for some changes to happen SOON!!!

Sarah Miller said...

Thinking about you and praying for you and Cruz.