Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Toupee or Bozo the Clown

Just 2 shorts months ago Madelyn's hair looked like this:



One month ago like this:




Today:



Oscar and I can't decide if it looks more like a toupee:





Or like Bozo the Clown:






We of course think she looks beautiful. Her hair has just gotten so long recently and out of control! While I was gone on the retreat Oscar decided to use his men's thickening shampoo on Maddie's hair and it made it really curly! I will have to scan a picture of Oscar when he was around 2 years old b/c Maddie's hair is looking alot like his did in that picture. Its so funny b/c in the sunlight her hair looks like a golden auburn color which we would have never expected her to have. It will be interesting to see how her hair turns out. I always pictured her before she was born with straight black hair, but I am loving the curls. I just hope I know how to fix it when she is older!

9 comments:

Jen said...

I'll help you with the fixing of the curly hair...I have a lot of experience:)

Tara said...

OK, I laughed out loud when I got to her long hair pictures. She is so stinkin cute! I think she looks like a funky indi-rocker girl : ) She can always send some of her hair Kammy's way - she is a baldie! : )

Anonymous said...

I love her hair! At least you aren't fighting a wild mullet like we are with Bella! :)

Anonymous said...

I think she is cute with a tupee or with curls like bozo!!!

Anonymous said...

it looks like its grown a lot even since last friday. I think it was the men's hair thickner.....

Defintely not Bozo the clown!

Amanda said...

I remember you - you've commented on my other blog several times.

I LOVE your baby's hair! My girls were both bald - I wouldn't know what to do with hair like that!

I'd love to make her an outfit! I have very limited baby sizes, though. I have jeans and pink shirts in 12 month and 24 month, but nothing in 18 month. Let me know if either of those sizes work for you!

Amanda said...

Oh, I also meant to say that I think we are kindred spirits! I always put huge bows on my girls. And I noticed in Madelyn's nursery the walls are green with pink polka dots. That was exactly what was in my first daughter's nursery! Funny.

Amanda said...

Great! I have one 12 month shirt left, so I'll save it for Madelyn. Do you want the Easter egg fabric or the floral fabric? What shape do you want appliqued? Egg, tulip, daisy, heart, etc.

Amanda said...

Yep - I have the 12 month jeans, too. I'll do some flower design with the floral fabric. Here's my email address so you can email me about more details.

abcduggan@yahoo.com