Friday, March 13, 2009

Fun Finds Friday

In my opinion a fun find is a new recipe to make. I love to cook so when I find a good recipe I get really excited! I found this recipe off another blog and I just kinda made it my own. Its for chicken and dumplings. My mom has always made her chicken and dumplings with noodles and they are very tasty, but this recipe uses biscuits.

Chicken and Dumplings:

-3-4 chicken breasts
-1 can of 8 biscuits (just get the regular kind, not buttery or flaky)
-1 can of cream of chicken
-1 can of cream of celery
-1 carton of chicken broth
-2-3 cups of water
-chopped onion to taste

Ok, boil the chicken in the chicken broth and 2 cups of water with the chopped onion. When chicken is done take out and shred after it cools. Using the broth from the chicken put in the cans of soup and the shredded chicken. If you think it needs extra water you can add it. Pull apart biscuits into pieces and add to pot on medium heat. Once the biscuits are cooked through its all done. You may need to add more liquid if its looking too thick. It took my dumplings about 20 minutes to cook all the way through and not be doughy. You can turn up the heat if you need to. On the other recipe the girl added carrots and celery to hers so you could to that too. If was very tasty and sooo easy! Enjoy!

Another fun find are these:




Banana nut cheerios. The past few weeks they have been solded out at Walmart, but they finally had them in this week. If you like bananas then you will like these. They are delicious! Maddie liked them too!

Anyone have any fun finds they would like to share?

1 comments:

Amanda said...

I bet my kids would LOVE the banana nut cheerios. I'm not a big banana fan, but they love them. Thanks for the info!

My fun finds for the week were at the Bell County Garage Sale this morning. I got a dresser and side table to "redo." They are so cute! Well - they WILL be!