Saturday, March 21, 2009

9 Months



Madelyn is 9 months old today. She has been sick this past week and is just now getting over it. She got some type of virus that includes fever, sores on her throat and lots of snot! She is doing much better, but still has a cough with yucky mucus!
While we were at the doctor this week when she got sick, Dr. Riser was nice to let us go ahead and do her 9 month check up a little early since no shots are involved. She had a great check up. She weights 22 pounds!(90%), is 75 % for length and 50% for head.
Since she is 22 pounds, she is at the weight limit for her car seat. So we had to get a new one and it came in yesterday. I wanted to get one that could face backward, forward and turn into a booster seat. We really like the one we got and its so cozy and big. Here Maddie is in her new ride:



I think one of Maddie's favorite things is music. She loves it when I sing to her and that can almost always calm her down. She loves to watch and listen to Praise Baby. Maybe she will like to sing or play music one day! She likes to practice her vocal cords out when things don't go her way...



She likes to be on the move. She pushes herself backwards, scoots around on her bottom and lunges forward towards things. I put her on the bathroom floor with lots of toys to keep her occupied so I could take a shower. She was just fine until I got in the shower. Then she started crying and I kept sticking my head out telling her I was right here. I had set her a good ways from the tub and she had scooted her way all the way to the tub pulling on the shower curtain crying while I was showering! She likes to be able to see me and be where I am.



She is getting really good at feeding herself. She can pick up her little bites of food and most of it makes it into her mouth. Most days she will eat a good amount. Some days she will really like something and the next she doesn't want anything to do with it.
We are so blessed to have a healthy, beautiful baby girl. Happy 9 months Madelyn Gail, mommy and daddy love you!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What car seat did you get? I'm just wondering because we are looking for a new one for Connor, and I like the one that you have chosen. Thanks.