Well just wanted to give an update on our meals last week. The baked beef taquitos didn't quite turn out. First of all I did not like the flavor very much and second I don't like using corn tortillas if I am having to roll them up. The only way they roll up for me without tearing is putting them in oil on the stove and I don't like doing that b/c its a pain and it smells up the house. So anyway when I went to make the taquitos I thought I could just put them in a damp paper towel and heat in the microwave to get soft. Well they did, but ended up falling apart when I tried to roll them up. So it was a fail altogether and I will not be making them again. However, I do love the baked chicken ones and am making those this week with flour tortillas! Also, the sour cream noodle bake from pioneer woman's website was yummy. I think next time I will use a little more sour cream than it calls for just to make it more creamy. I will for sure make this again.
Now for this week's menu:
Monday: Baked chicken taquitos with rice and creamy lime cilantro dip(recipe at the bottom)
Tuesday: Soccer Sports Banquet Dinner
Wednesday: Stinky Chicken-this is really not stinky, not sure why it's named that (recipe at the bottom)
Thursday: Baked Chicken Nuggets with sweet potatoes and corn on the cob
Friday: Leftover chicken taquitos (the recipe makes alot, so I just put the chicken mixture in the fridge and use it for leftovers)
Saturday: Birthday Party again where dinner is served :)
Sunday: Small group dinner
Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing
Recipe by Ourbestbites.com
1 pack (1oz) Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
1C mayo
1/2 C milk
1 lime
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/2 C roughly chopped cilantro
1/4 C green salsa
hot sauce
Place milk, mayo, and ranch mix in a blender. Juice the lime in there too, you should get about 2T juice. Toss in the garlic, cilantro and green salsa. Blend 'er up. Sample it and add hot sauce to taste. Make it several hours ahead of time to allow it to thicken
*Ok I do not add hot sauce to this and go easy on the lime juice if you do not like things to taste too limey. The 1st time I made it, Oscar and I both thought it had too much lime. So this time around I only juiced 1/2 of a lime into it. I made this today and we will eat on it all week long. Yum!
Stinky Chicken:
This recipe is from a bible study I did at church called Apples of Gold where I recieved many wonderful recipes.
Ingredients:
3-4 chicken breasts(I normally only use 2 but just use how many you are cooking for)
2 cans of green beans-I think the french style ones for this recipe
2-3 potatoes
1 stick of butter
1 package of dry Italian seasoning
Take a 9X13 dish, drain green beans, and place on one end of the dish. In the middle put the chicken breasts. Peel and cut potatoes into small chunks and place on the other end. Then sprinkle the whole packet of dry Italian over everything. Melt the stick of butter and pour over everything. Cover with foil and bake at 325 for 1 hour.
*Ok you have to check this dish b/c sometimes the chicken can get a little dry. I'm usually waiting for the potatoes to cook after the chicken is already done, so make sure you cut the potatoes into small chunks so they cook faster. Sometimes mine cooks faster than 1 hour. This is a great dish to make if you are taking dinner to someone. Also you can prepare it ahead of time and put it in the fridge that morning, but if you do, wait to put the dry Italian and butter on until you cook it. Enjoy! I'll post a picture of it on Wednesday.
Monday, May 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'll have to try the stinky chicken soon. The Italian seasoning sounds really good. Plus, how great is it to have a whole meal and only one dirty dish?!?! That dip sounds good too!
I had trouble with my first taquitos this week, but then I just microwaved longer with the damp paper towels and that did the trick. I could only do about 2 at a time, so a little more time consuming, but I LOVE corn tortillas, so worth it in my opinion. Thanks for sharing more recipes.
Post a Comment