Maddie-We are so proud of you for doing such a good job with potty training and showing us what a big girl you are. We love you!
Friday, January 14, 2011
Potty Training
I had been putting off potty training for a few months now. Oscar and I had talked about doing it this past summer before Cruz came, but it was too hard for me to lift Maddie with being preggo and having back problems. So I said after Cruz came. Well after he came I was a little overwhelmed in general and potty training was the last thing on my mind! So we decided to start right when Oscar got off for Christmas break so he could help me. Well the kids both got sick that week so we waited. Well on New Year's Day I made a quick trip that morning to Ikea and Oscar decided he was going to take Maddie to Walmart and let her pick out some panties. So it began. She did pretty good the 1st 2 days and then day 3 was the worst day. She had 4 accidents and I was so frustrated and ready to give up and I almost did. But I stuck with it and am so glad! She got better and would get a little piece of candy each time she went-she always requested a skittle! If she did something really good-like go totally on her own or not have an accident that day she got a sucker. I told her if she had 5 days of no accidents then she could go and pick a special prize at Target. So this past Wednesday marked the 5th day with staying dry. We went to Target and we walked down every toy isle several times. She would pick something and then put it back saying "I don't like it" So after doing this a few times I tried to help her narrow it down and she decided on an ice cream maker play dough set. I'm glad that is what she chose-she loves it and has played with it a ton! So I'm glad potty training is over and that I stuck with it and that I don't have to worry about it for another few years!

Maddie-We are so proud of you for doing such a good job with potty training and showing us what a big girl you are. We love you!
Maddie-We are so proud of you for doing such a good job with potty training and showing us what a big girl you are. We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment