Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sickness and Soccer

Last Thursday night we took Maddie to see the lights at BLORA. She has been fascinated with Christmas lights this year so we were so excited to take her. Well I knew something was wrong when she said she wanted to go home right after we got there. Sure enough she had a fever!I was so bummed b/c she had to miss one of her best friends b-day party on Friday morning! We also were having the whole soccer team over that evening for our annual soccer team Christmas party. Oscar and I decided to still host the party since Maddie seemed Ok after she had some Tylenol. Well we met the team up at the nursing home and Maddie didn't want to have any part of it! She was pretty fussy the whole time, but by the time we got home she perked up a bit. Cruz was doing ok until later into the party he was kind of just laying his head on my shoulder and had this soft whine. Oscar and I both thought he felt warm and sure enough he had a fever too! Well then he started coughing and I knew right away he had the croup b/c he sounded like a barking seal! It was a long night with him up and down. We took them both in Saturday morning and Cruz got a steroid shot and Maddie seemed fine with no fever. Sunday she woke up from her nap with a fever and barking cough, so she ended up getting a steroid shot too. Her fever lasted almost a week with it reaching to 104! Cruz's fever stopped very soon and he just had a left over cough. He was such a sweet little sick baby. Maddie's fever finally stopped on Christmas Eve! anyway-here are pics from the soccer party-caroling, eating, white elephant gift exchange, and the name game!
Caroling at the nursing home...





Maddie was in heaven jumping with the girls and playing ring around the rosies!






Lots more post to come if I can get around to doing them!

0 comments: