We go to our 1st doctor's appointment on Wednesday, maybe then I'll finally feel like its real. Oscar is going to go with me and we are taking Maddie. We thought it would be fun for Dr. Fothergill to meet her since he delivered her. Not sure how she will do in the small exam room though!
I was just thinking about the whole hospital experience and how much peace God gave me the whole time. The only time I felt anxious or scared was when Maddie had to get an I.V. or a test done b/c I knew she would be in pain. Otherwise, I just knew everything would be OK. I think I was alot more uneasy when we were at home and she was so sick and not getting better. But God is faithful and gave me peace just like His word says He will. I think I had peace too knowing that He is unchanging, in control, and sovereign! That should give us all peace no matter what the circumstances are. He knows better than I do and always takes care of us. Even if Maddie was still sick, He is still faithful to provide for us.
Maddie is totally back to her normal self-playing, throwing fits, eating, drinking, laughing, etc... She was eating like a bird while she was sick, but I think she is slowing getting her appetite back. She is taking her antibiotic great. Its strawberry-banana flavor and she sucks it right down every night. We are supposed to have a follow up appointment with Dr. Riser this week. I e-mailed her and she said we don't have to worry about coming in as long as Maddie is OK so she doesn't have to be around all the sick kids in the clinic-another reason why I love her! She also said to keep her out of any type of nursery for at least this week to let her fully recover and to be on the safe side.
Well thats all for now...I'll leave you with some pictures of my cutie pie...



2 comments:
So glad your little one is on the mend, but sad to miss you this Wednesday.
Hey girlie!! I didnt know you were expecting again! Congrats!! It looks like you will be in the same place I was, with a 2 year old and a newborn...get ready!! It's oh so crazy!!
Post a Comment