Madelyn finally decided to arrive! Friday morning I started having contractions about 2:00 am. They kept being consistent, so we went to L and D at 6:00 am, but I was only to a 1 1/2 and I got sent home and was told to come back at 8:00 am and they would see what my doctor wanted me to do. Well we went back at 8 and the resisdent that was there sent me home and gave me a sleeping pill to take, which I thought was weird. So I called directly to my doctors office and talked with his nurse. She said do not take the sleeping pill and go and walk around. She said to wait 2 hours and if they the contractions stayed consistent within those 2 hours then my doctor would admit me to be induced. So they did stay consistent, thank goodness and we were admitted at 2:30 pm. They started me on pitocin and I was at a 2. My doctor came in around 6:00 and I was at a 3 and 100% effaced. He broke my water. After he broke my water the contractions were REALLY hurting and I decided to get my epidural around 7:00 pm. After that it was smooth sailing. I slept most of the night until I started pushing at 3:00 am and she came at 4:27 am. My epidural decided to wear off right after she came when I was getting stiched up, so that was the worst part by far. We could not believe she was 9 lbs 6 ounces!!!! My doctor had been predicting 8 1/2 pounds the whole time, so he was surprised too! Oscar did wonderful the whole time and was right by my side encouraging me on. He has been so wonderful taking care of Madelyn since she arrived. We are so blessed with beautiful baby and she is so wonderful. I will post more pictures soon!



9 comments:
AWWW! shes a BERSOZA alrigt!lolz hopefully we will c yall soon! 4rm: ur oldest niece ARiANE! Mom thinkds she looks like daddy n me! cnt wait to c my new baby cuz! LOVE U! BYE!
Laura! She is beautiful and looks so much like Oscar!! I am dying to see her in person. It sounds like everything was great and I'm so happy for you guys!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I can't wait for more pictures!!! She's beautiful!!!
congrats! enjoy your little girl!
She is beautiful! Congrats!
Aaryn
Good work Laura and Oscar!:) She is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait to see her in person!
Candace
she is so beautiful! i can't wait to see her in person! love you bunches!
What a blessing! I can't believe it...you and Sarah have both made it through the threshold of giving birth. I'm going to cry (it's those preggo hormones, I'm sure). This means I'm next...oh my goodness! I can't wait to meet your precious, healthy baby girl. Playdates, here we come!
She is a cutie patootie for sure.
I suspected you might have a big baby but who knew 9lbs 6oz big.
Can't wait to see her.
Zoe
Post a Comment