Monday, May 5, 2008

A daddy's first gift to his daughter

You must be thinking awwww, Oscar got Madelyn her first gift. That was my first thought too when Oscar told me he had a gift for Maddie. I was so excited until he showed me this:














A wooden paddle!!!!!















He had the shop teacher at school make it and then Oscar painted it black and put pink polka dots on it to match her room. He actually wanted to hang it up in her room! I said we could hang it in the closet! He likes to joke and spank my stomach with his hand, but there is no way he is using that thing instead! I told him the paddle will not be put to use for several more years!



4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Coming from you, the sister who cries everytime my children even remotely get reprimanded! Yeah, I really see you ever letting O use that on Maddie!!!

Shannon said...

That is hilarious! Even more hilarious that he painted it to match her room!

That was such a sweet post about your grandfather. I didn't know he was moving to Salado. That will be nice having him so close to you!

Anonymous said...

YES...it's true! I made a paddle for my little one. I've been practicing my form swatting, facial expressions, tone variations all with my eyes closed so that my heart doesn't melt when I look Maddie in the face. It's 2 hours of intense training that coincides with my quiet time.

Papa

Ben, Abby and Abe Lowery said...

that's hilarious! leave it to a guy...