Monday, March 22, 2010

Friends turned Brother-in-Laws and Rivals

Barry has been my brother-in-law since I was 17. So that means he has had to meet(put up with) the different guys I have dated. I don't think he liked any of them, except one. When I started dating Oscar I think Barry was pretty excited. Oscar and Barry knew each other from UMHB and both played soccer there. So Barry knew Oscar before I did. So he approved of Oscar from the get go. Then both Barry and Oscar ended up girls soccer coaches in the biggest rival districts-temple and belton! Funny how things work out! But what I think is so neat is that Barry and Oscar were friends before becoming brother in laws and before becoming competing coaches. So a few weeks ago when they played each other, Barry came over after the game and hung out. It is a good relationship where their friendship comes before all that other stuff and they enjoy hanging out even when they have just played each other and one has lost :)! I'm thankful Tiff and I married friends who love each other!

Here is the Temple/Belton family at their game a week ago...

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Aw, what a sweet post. No, I don't think many other coaches hang out at each others' houses after they have just played each other! We have great husbands!

nana said...

Yes, you both have great husbands and I have GREAT sons-in law and I love them both very much!