Sunday, January 31, 2010
Spilling the beans
I meant to put in my last post how I told everyone in my family I was pregnant. I found out on a Tuesday, I took a test at home, but I didn't want to tell Oscar over the phone. I went looking for a Big Sister shirt and it was hard to find one anywhere that was Maddie's size. I plan to order one on etsy before the baby gets here. anyway, that night I was meeting Oscar at some friends house for dinner right after he got off of work, so I had to wait the whole time we were over there to tell him. It was so hard. So when we got home I told him Maddie had a new trick she wanted to show him. I took her back to her room and put the shirt on and she walked out in the hallway with it on. At first Oscar could not read what the shirt said b/c Maddie was holding her milk cup in the way. After he saw it, he was just looking at me weird and then said "are you pregnant"? and I said "ummm yeah". He was very excited, but in shock the whole evening. The next day I called my sister and told her I needed to come by and drop off some of her clothes that I had. Maddie had her big sister shirt on and Tiff didn't notice it at first, but then when I handed Maddie to her she read it and was very excited. I was a little anxious b/c I wanted to tell my parents before they went out of town and I wasn't sure if I was going to see them before they left. We ended up meeting them for dinner and Maddie had on her shirt. My mom was holding her and it took her forever to notice the shirt! My dad got to the restaurant later and saw the shirt, but acted like he did not see it just to be funny. They were both every excited too. Oscar called his mom and texted his brothers and they were happy too! Here are a few pics when telling everyone...


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
We are excited!!!! Hope you can now just start to feel a little better.
So cute! What a great way to spread the word!!
So excited for your family! Maddie will be a great big sister. :)
Post a Comment