Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Things

Not too much happening around here lately. Just getting back into a routine now that Oscar is back at work. I took Maddie to the volleyball game last night and the gym where Oscar's team plays is pretty small. Well you could hear Maddie screaming b/c she wanted to run around so badly! She only stayed in her stroller for about 5 minutes. She would scream even louder if I took her outside to run around which she normally likes. I feel like its hard at this age when we are out in public b/c she doesn't quite understand why she can't run around. So I think we will be coming to the last part of the volleyball games this year.

Maddie said her first word this week-ball. I think she can also say shoe. Its hard to determine at times what she is saying, but I think those are the main 2 words she says beside dada, mama, and all her other babbling. We are going to have to start using conditioner on her hair-its getting really tangly now that its getting so long. I have had 3 people ask me recently if I curl her hair with a curling iron! I thought that was a really weird question-Who curls their 1 year olds hair?
I found Maddie's Halloween costume already. I know its really early, but I am going to get it before they all get picked over and I found one I really like that is super cute!!!

A couple of Maddie's favorite things right now: (of course it could all change tomorrow)
-Fav. book-Brown Bear
-Fav. song-If you are happy and you know it
-Fav. video-Barney sing along
-Fav. toy-ball
Fav. place to be-in mommy's arms
Fav. snack-cheese

Mommy's favorite thing-nap and bedtime-Just kidding!!!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Cute post! I hope Maddie doesn't have as tender of a head as her mamma or you are in for it! =) Do you still have the pink brush? I remember we didn't make it to many VBall games when Collin was little either. We can always watch her if you want to go and get to see a whole game!

nana said...

No more tangles--do they still make that product? I remember one little girl had tangles underneath her dark hair because she would scream if you tried to brush hard. Payback, mama. Be gentle with our little girl!