Wednesday, April 22, 2009

10 months old and Collins birthday



Maddie is now in the double digits for age. She turned 10 months this past Tuesday. I guess you could say we will always remember 10 months as when she started crawling. I weighed her at my sisters house today and she is 23 1/2 pounds, so she has gained 1 1/2 pounds since 9 months.



She of course is into everything. Her favorite No No's are cords, shoes, door stoppers, rugs, any tiny crumb or dirt she can find on the floor to eat, and our artificial tree in the living room which is her favorite. Well actually anything we don't want her in, she wants to get into! When I tell her no she just looks at me and goes right on doing what she was doing until I move her away.



She has a few new tricks. She LOVES to clap, shake her head back and forth, talk and babble, rear her back and scream when she doesn't get her way-its quite entertaining. She has just recently cried when you take a toy away from her.
She has also started a very naughty trick-biting! She has only done it to me and Oscar, but I pray she does not do it to other children. It really hurts. She brought me to tears today when she bit my leg. She doesn't do it alot, but once is enough! Her aunt Tiffy used to the do the same thing when she was a baby, so she must have taught her!

Her first ponytail:


Her personality is so much fun. I love to see her smile and laugh. Its also fun watching her play. She loves to hug and squeeze her stuffed animals, its so cute. She is on all table food now. She won't eat baby food anymore, I think it must be the consistency. She likes to eat what we are eating and knows the difference! We love her and she is a blessing from God.

On another note, my nephew Collin had his 8th birthday this past weekend. It was Star Wars themed and each friend came dressed as a Star Wars character. It was a really fun party. Here are a few pictures:

My Aunt Lisa, Mom, Maddie, and my Grandaddy:


Cade and Collin in their costumes:

4 comments:

nana said...

Hadn't heard about the biting trick. Let's just hope it won't be ongoing. I loved the ponytail picture. She is a cutie!

Shannon said...

She is beautiful!! I wonder if her thighs will start to thin out now that she is crawling??? That will be a sad day!! LOVE the ponytail!!

Anonymous said...

put some clothes on her momma!!

Allison said...

She is sooo adorable!