Friday, September 19, 2008

To cut or not to cut

I am so fickle. Even with the smallest decisions sometimes I cannot make up my mind. Its kind of an annoying characteristic that I have. Sometimes I can easily make up my mind and know exactly what I want, but usually I go back and forth. Well I'm cannot decide about cutting my hair or not. I had grown it out really long and cut it last May. I liked it for awhile, but regretted cutting it. Well its at that length that I really don't like right now. I really want to cut it short, but at the same time I want to leave it long. There are pros and cons to both. If I leave it long, it takes forever to dry b/c its so thick and then I have to straighten it which I really don't have much time for these days, so it ends up in a ponytail or I let it air dry curly. But its nice to have it at this length b/c I can do the quick ponytail thing. If I cut it, it will blow dry fast and it won't take that long to fix, however no ponytail! Also with a short hairstyle I will have to get it cut more often which means more money. If I don't cut it, I'm letting it grow long, but I just hate to have it so long when I don't even fix it that much. So I just can't decide. Of course Oscar wants me to keep growing it out long and he thinks I will regret cutting it. I just get bored with my hair. I have until Wednesday to decide if I will just get a trim or chop it. Here are a few pictures of what I like.


4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hmmm, I have long hair right now, so it's naturally time for you to have short hair...I think the last time we both had long was when I was in college...BUT, the ponytail thing is a major plus for a mom without much time! But that Katie Holmes style would look good even if all you had time to do was brush it. So I guess I'm really no help!

Shannon said...

You are lucky that you look beautiful with ANY haircut!! I have seen it long and short (and in between). They are all great, but I do agree with the ponytail thing. It's a lifesaver on the crazy days!

I got your message and will call you in the morning...but not too early:)

Jen said...

Girl, every new mommy goes through this dilemma. I agree with your sis & friend, you look great with ANY hairstyle & you're blessed like that. However, I personally love keeping my hair long. I found that when I cut it short (a lil' above shoulder length) it was actually MORE work for me. While I grew it back at out I did go into the "wear a bun or ponytail" all of the time phase, but woke up from it when someone at church commented that they'd never seen me with my hairdown. From that point forward I've tried to fix my hair everyday, whether curly or straight. I get bored, too, but that's what coloring is for;)

Shannon Morrison said...

i have changed my mind on this. i used to be a "cut-it-off" girl. there are very few people who i don't think look better with shorter hair. but now i think, we only are young enough to have long hair for a few more years, so why not? beware the ponytail. it's very habit-forming.