Sunday, September 21, 2008

3 Months Old

3 months today! All the moms say it gets better and goes by quick and they are right of course! Madelyn seems to be "maturing" if that makes sense. She is getting more of a personality, I know she is still really young, but she is getting more interactive. Here are some fun things at 3 months:

*Tummy time is improving-she doesn't automatically scream when I put her on her tummy. She can hold her head up great and looks all around. She tried to roll herself over and got halfway there but stopped and hasn't tried again.
*She is making so many new noises and just babbles
*She is a chunk-she has some thunder thighs and chipmunk cheeks. I just love chubby babies!
*She loves to sit in her bumbo with the tray on and just look at her toys and she tries to grab them, but ends up knocking them off onto the floor.
*Her hands are CONSTANTLY in her mouth! She sucks on them and looks at them alot!
*She still likes to rock
*She still does not like her carseat! No matter when I put her in it-not hungry, hungry, not tired, tired, or none of the above she fusses, whines, cries, or screams! I'm hoping she grows out of it
*She loves to sit up and look around. She only likes to lay back when she is eating or going to sleep. Otherwise she will raise her head up to let you know she wants to see what is going on.

I am scared to even blog this because it will probably not stay consistent, but she had the best night she has ever had last night-I fed her at 8:00pm and she didn't eat again until 4:30am!!!! She is slowly starting to get better at night. Sometimes she wakes up and I just put the paci in and she falls back asleep. So I'm praying she continues to do well at night! I continually tell myself to enjoy every minute of each day with her because I know before long she will be grown and won't need me to take care of her anymore! We just love her and can't wait to see her grow more and more. And of course here are some pictures:






4 comments:

Tara said...

He he he, Kammy hates tummy time too! Maddie is adorable & you're right about those thighs! She's going to hate you for this blog one day : )

Tiffany said...

That's a sweet little pink dress!

the peterson family said...

What a cutie pie! Happy 3 month birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Laura when Rhian Grace was 3 months I started adding a scoop of Rice Cereal to the brestmilk bottle at night and she slept from 8 to 6am. I dont know how you feel about that but it really works!! My pedi was all for it and those extra 2 hours of sleep were sooooo wonderful!!!