Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Random Things That Have Happened While Being Pregnant

These are just some random things/thoughts on what has happened since becoming pregnant:

1. Strangers touching my belly without asking (I don't mind people I know doing it)
2. Strangers giving me advice that I didn't ask for
3. People I know giving me advice that I didn't ask for
4. Someone asking me if I was having twins
5. Part of my back going numb
6. Feet that look like sausages
7. Not being able to feel my hip bones which freaks me out!
8. Calf cramps in the middle of the night-owww
9. Not being able to get off the couch without help
10. Going up 3 bra sizes (not a good thing when you already had enough to begin with)
11. Getting to buy new clothes even if they are maternity
12. Waddling
13. Never getting tired of feeling Madelyn move and roll around inside of me
14. Weighing more than my husband does!
15. Meltdowns because I freak out when thinking of having a baby
16. Excitement about having a baby
17. Confusion about everything that has to do with a newborn b/c everyone says something different and every book says something different!
18. Hearing many different labor stories that don't necessarily make me feel good about labor
19. Someone telling me when to put Madelyn in Kindergarten since her birthday will be in June
20. My husband calling me tubby (he's just kidding though)
21. Oscar already spanking her inside the womb and telling her to go to her room
22. Buying girl clothes and bows!!!!
23. Having a chubby face and plenty of people telling me it looks chubby!

I would like to wear a sign around my neck that says:

June 18th
Girl
Madelyn
If I want your advice I will ask for it! :)

Not that I don't want advice and alot of it has been good, but alot of it has been unasked for. Pregnancy has been a wonderful experience and I'm so thankful that God has blessed Oscar and I with Madelyn. We can't wait for her arrival!



3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh Laura...pregnancy surely brings interesting responses from people (strangers especially!) Can't wait to take our birthing classes together...what a journey!

Matt, Andrea, Luke and Halle said...

Amen, sister!

Shannon said...

Seriously, sometimes I wondered if people took "tacky pills". It's amazing how fast they can put their foot in their mouth!!

You know I can relate to #6...I'll email you the picture!!!