Monday, April 19, 2010

Early Birthday Present

Maddie got her 2nd birthday present a little early this year. Oscar and I decided we wanted to look around at swing sets. It took forever for us to find one that we both liked that wasn't too expensive and plus its hard to find one around here since there aren't many choices. We finally agreed on one that we found online at toys r us that was on sale. They had 1 in the south Austin store that we went and picked up last week. Oscar spent all day Saturday and then Sunday afternoon and evening putting it together. Here is the finished product...










Maddie loves it! She climbed right up the rock wall by herself (yes mom we were standing right behind her). There are a couple of thing she will have to grow into, but overall she loves all of the features. I know we will be spending alot of time out there in the near future!

On another note, several people have been asking us if Cruz is the name of a soccer player and it is not that we know of. We did find out a few days ago that David Beckham has a son named Cruz, so I guess it is related to soccer in some way!
I've been feeling pretty good except my main complaint is my lower back. It has been hurting everyday. I have been using a heating pad everyday which helps. I'm sure it has something to do with picking up my almost 30 pound daughter! I told Oscar this time around its almost harder being pregnant b/c last time I worked during the day and then came home and rested all evening. This time around I "work" until Maddie goes to bed! At least I can nap when she is napping! I"m taking advantage of all the sleep I can get now!

3 comments:

Pawpaw said...

Great-looking swing set. I really like it and know Maddie will spend countless hours on it. Good job Oscar. Must have been a big job.

Tara said...

We are looking for a swing set too! I'll have to remember to check Toys R Us. I couldn't agree more with pregnancy round 2! It was completely exhausting. Hopefully Maddie will let you get some good rest this summer! :)

Tiffany said...

Love the swingset! I like the little seats--she can play restaurant! =) Yes, better not let Nana see her crawl up the rock wall--she might have a heart attack! I'm sure the boys will want to try it out tomorrow!